Friday, June 08, 2012

Ah, to be in Iqaluit in June

Today at 5:23 pm...



Today at 6:57 pm...


Now, I believe the traditional responses to when it snows here at this time of the year and you complain are:
1. Suck it up, buttercup.
2. You live in the arctic, what else were you expecting?

To which I will point out that a mere two days ago it was 17C, sunny and people were wearing shorts and mini-skirts around town. So this is a bit of a jarring to the system. I will also add that my co-workers, many of whom are Inuit, were cursing a blue streak when this snow started to fall around 4 pm or so.

So I believe I will complain, just a little bit. And say that the clock to when my vacation officially starts kicked into overdrive today.

Last Five
1. Father Lucifer - Tori Amos
2. Up in flames - Coldplay
3. Hurricane drunk - Florence and the Machine*
4. Fred Jones, part 2 - Ben Folds
5. Every part of me - Sam Roberts

2 comments:

John, Perth AU said...

She'll be right, mate! Just throw another shrimp on the barbie. ;^) I'll bet Inuit cursing sounds worse than even Dutch ones.

Lily said...

Oh my, I wasn't expecting that there would still be snow in June!

Though, it was warm enough here yesterday that I wouldn't have minded a little cooldown...

You've actually inspired us to start our own blog - hopefully we'll get more followers than the 1 we currently have, lol!

Only a few more weeks until we get to experience it all too! :)

-Lily