Saturday, November 29, 2008

Last chance

Just an unsubtle reminder that today is the last day to vote in the Canadian Blogging Awards. And in case you're thinking "Ahhh, I'll do that at some point later today," well, maybe not. I believe the cut off is around 4 pm EST if not a little before. So throw a little love to a northern blog and vote for one of us in a category. I listed most of the relevant northern bloggers here.

I'm not going to say "go and vote for me!" because really, most of the people I'm up against in these categories are friends, although I haven't met them all. Saying vote for me ahead of them just seems kind of...gauche.

Of course, if the miracle occurs and I make it to the top five in any of the categories this blog is nominated in, well, all bests are off....

(I kid, of course. Besides, there are only so many polar bears heads you can leave in people's bed before people start asking questions.)

Anyway, here's hoping Sunday morning brings at least one or two northern blogs in the finalist category. I've said it many times, but there's a nice community developing in the northern blogosphere (God, what a hideous word). We seek not fame, glory or money (although, hey....), but a little recognition from the South certainly wouldn't go astray.

Last Five
1. Heart to heart with Lionel - Joel Plaskett Emergency
2. On every street - Dire Straits*
3. God - Tori Amos
4. Sampson - Regina Spektor
5. 100 feet to go - Kelly Russell and the Planks

No comments: